[Wine] "Module not found", using wine-0.9.28

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Tue Jan 9 11:18:35 CST 2007

declan wrote:

 > pgf wrote:
 > >
 > > i'm trying to install TaxCut 2006, from the CDROM:
 > >
 > >     $ ls .wine/dosdevices/d\:/
 > >     autorun.inf*  df0000exe.manifest*  taxcut.exe*          temporaryitems/
 > >     data/         dpro2006.exe*        taxcutapp/
 > >     df0000.exe*   taxcut/              taxcutexe.manifest*
 > >     $
 > >     $ WINEDEBUG=warn+all wine .wine/dosdevices/d\:/taxcut.exe
 >
 > Also fairly new, I've found it better to cd to the directory and
 > type ./<program name>

i've tried that too, same results.

 > > any tips, or debug, strace, etc suggestions, would be most welcome.
 > >
 > You could also try winedbg ./<program name>
 > or
 > WINEDEBUG=+<fancy option> winedbg ./<program name>

you'll see above that i did that:  WINEDEBUG=warn+all
i'm hoping someone more knowledgeable will be able to suggest
other debug keywords,.

 > You can give several strings to the variable. I would run ldconfig as
 > root just to make sure all libs are found.

??  ldconfig?  do you mean ldd?  if so, don't think it could tell me
about run-time ldopens, or whatever equivalent it is that wine is doing.

 > > as i say, i'm new to wine.  is this a case where i need to be using
 > > "real" microsoft libraries?  if so, is there a wiki or doc page
 > > that describes which libraries to copy, and their source (on
 > > windows) and destination (under wine) locations?
 > >
 > http://appdb.winehq.org
 > also the wiki, the faq etc. They're reasonably concise, with a pleasant
 > shortage of verbiage and self congratulation.

thanks, yes, i've already done all the usual searches, etc.  i
was specifically hoping for a pointer to a page of text
describing the installation of windows libs into the .wine tree.  i
find nothing like that under "Running Wine", or other similar sections.

paul