[Wine] Installing Word Viewer 2003

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Fri Jan 12 07:51:48 CST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 10:23 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I've downloader Word Viewer 2003 from the MS website. When I run it,
> it pops up a dialog box stating that I need a newer Windows version. I
> googled "newer windows version wine" and I've found this:
> http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=1122&action=view
>
> But I have not idea what to do with it. What must I do to get
> wdviewer.exe installed? I'm using wine-0.9.28 on Kubuntu. Thanks.

It's a patch to the code.

Man patch is your friend.

Save the chunk from the 'diff' down until the final bracket under a name
like wine-newer-version.patch and copy it to the same directory as your
wine source top dir.

cd into the source top dir (so 'ls ..' shows you
wine-newer-version.patch) and ls dlls/advapi32/security.c shows you the
file.

enter the following line

patch -p0 < ../wine-newer-version.patch

make clean, and compile and install. You will have added whatever
functionality that patch provides.

--
        With Best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.