[Wine] Wine and Money 2003

Gary gwgrover at windstream.net
Thu Jan 18 14:40:23 CST 2007

I have been trying to get money2003 installed and running under wine.
The error:
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"RemoveDuplicateFiles"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"RemoveFolders"
err:msi:ACTION_InstallFiles compressed file wasn't extracted
(L"c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Money\\System\\compdll.dll")
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"InstallFinalize"
returned 1603
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"ExecuteAction"
returned 1603
[gary at localhost ies4linux-2.0.5]$
)

has me sitting under my desk talking to myself.
Can anyone provide a clue as to what is causing this (the error, not my
sitting under my desk )

So far I have set permissions on all of the files/folders to read/write
and all of the folders/files are in the same path; the cab file with
compdll.dll is available - I even extracted compdll.dll from the cabinet
file and placed it in the folder that the install appears to be trying
to place it.

<http://forum.fedoraforum.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=726414>