[Wine] TomTom Home

Paddy patrick at scotcomms.co.uk
Tue Jan 23 07:45:28 CST 2007

Hi,

I'm using wine to allow me to manage my TomTom SatNav using their 'HOME'
application. On the whole it works well. The exception to this is installing
updates/enhancements.
To install items 'HOME' uses two files.
The first is a .cab file which contains the update. The second file is a
.toc file that contains information about the .cab file. This is where I
have my problem.
the toc file is a xml file and contains the location of the cab file in the
form;
<Location>file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/patrick/My%20Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads/navcore_6.52.7690.go-rider-one.cab</Location>

When the application reads the toc file it errors because it is unable to
fine the cabinet file.
If I edit the path in the toc file to read
<Location>file://z:\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\navcore_6.52.7690.go-rider-one.cab</Location>
It finds the cab file and installs the item just fine.

This is an ok work around that I don't mind doing. However there is one
weekly update that is automatically put into the c:\windows\temp folder. It
use the same method of toc/cab files however this happens automatically and
when the app can't find the cab it then deletes them from C:\windows\temp.
The workaround is to copy the toc and cab file out of the temp folder before
acknowleging the error, then edit the toc and install as if it was a update.
This is slightly more frustrating.

If the application can find the file when
<Location>file://z:\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\navcore_6.52.7690.go-rider-one.cab</Location>
is used why doesn't;
<Location>file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/patrick/My%20Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads/navcore_6.52.7690.go-rider-one.cab</Location>
or
<Location>file:///C:/windows/temp/update.cab</Location> work?

Thanks for any help

--
Patrick