[Wine] Error running Guild Wars with .9.3

Eatherington Philip eatheringtonp at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 14:28:38 CST 2007

--- Guillaume Vachon <gvachon at tc2l.ca> wrote:

> I had the same probleme. I had to run it in a
> windows mode to get it
> started the first time. Then, you can put it back to
> full screen and you
> wont get that error anymore.

> I hope this will help you
>
> --
> Guillaume Vachon
> Administrateur Système
> Techno Centre Logiciels Libres, http://www.tc2l.ca/
> Téléphone : (418) 681-2929 poste 123

Ok, I'm willing to give that a try, but the only way I
know to switch GW to a windowed mode is from the
ingame settings, which I can't get to.  Or are you
reffering to running Wine in a windowed mode, which I
also would not know how to do? Thanks for the
suggestion!

http://www.guildwars.com/support/en-3dinitializationerror.php"