[Wine] using audio CDROM with EAC & Suse 10.2 (wine)

Joe flhtcu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:04:57 CST 2007

thanks, here are the results are the following with an audio disc in the
drive:

16:55 3  su
Password:

16:55 3 mknod -m 0644 /dev/hdc  b  22  0

mknod: `/dev/hdc': File exists

16:55 3 mkdir -p /media/seedee

16:55 3 # mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/seedee
mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

16:55 dmesg |tail
hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: command error: error=0x54 { AbortedCommand LastFailedSense=0x05 }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
ATAPI device hdc:
  Error: Illegal request -- (Sense key=0x05)
  Illegal mode for this track or incompatible medium -- (asc=0x64, ascq=0x00)
  The failed "Read 10" packet command was:
  "28 00 00 00 00 10 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 "
end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 64
isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=hdc, iso_blknum=16, block=16

Yes, I agree with the previous statement  grip does a pretty good job, I have
used it many times and will probably keep using it for vbr mp3 but for
lossless exact copies with cue sheet and logs, it appears EAC is the best. I
have read of people using Ubuntu getting EAC to work just fine, I am not sure
if Ubuntu using the same udev/hal system as Suse and I really don't want to
switch from Suse to Ubuntu at this time.

thanks