[Wine] Corel WordPerfect 11 & 12

Lex Middelberg lex at middelberg.co.za
Wed Jul 4 10:29:46 CDT 2007

I have loaded Corel WordPerfect 11 & 12 on Kubuntu Feisty Fawn with Wine
0.9.40.  Except for one serious issue (and another less serious), the entire
office suite seems to work without a glitch.  The problem I have is that when
any of the Corel Applications are pointed at a file to open that, it just
dies.

To test it, I had to copy/paste data and documents into a new file and then
save it.  From there it seems to work fine, except that you can't open the
files again.  But they are there and can be opened in WP for Windows.  All is
saved properly.

If someone can suggest a solution to this I'll load Corel Office X3 too and
see if that also works, but all this copy/paste spiel is too elaborate for
me.

--
Regards,
Lex Middelberg.