[Wine] Help installing application

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Thu Jul 5 12:23:47 CDT 2007

	(Don't forget to reply to the list so others can see the discussion)

	Then can you post full terminal output up to the point where you get the
error (of course if it is very long you may want to attach it as .bz2
compressed file)?...
	BTW, what you expect from this program? If you want it to work with USB
device unsupported by the Linux OS then this will not work. If you want to
use it with device supported under Linux or use without any "specific"
hardware then this may (or may not) work... And if it doesn't work because of
bug in WINE (and not because of your mistake/misconfiguration) this is a bug
and should be reported to http://bugs.winehq.org ; this is very good way to
help WINE project to be better.
	Some users may think that if program isn't very popular then it is unlikely
for corresponding bugs in WINE to be fixed but this is wrong. For example, I
have reported some time ago that DipTrace doesn't work; DipTrace isn't
popular software at all and it has very specific problems under WINE but now
it is work perfectly and it didn't took very much time for the related bug to
become fixed. So reporting bugs to bugzilla is really good way to help
developers to find and fix bug. Developers cannot fix bugs if they even don't
know about 'em.
	Sorry for a long description about "why bug reporting is good thing" but in
most cases users "forget" to report bugs even after coming up here to
wine-users with their problems which are actually bug in WINE.