[Wine] Help installing application

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Thu Jul 5 23:59:40 CDT 2007

	I assume file "Wine Debug" is full terminal output (second file contains only
harmless warnings which are unrelated to your problem). From these lines:

melanie at atlasinstall:~$ wine /media/cdrom0/msetup4.exe
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not
accessible.
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not
accessible.
fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationA (hwnd=0x10024,
filter=0x33f614,flags=0x00000000),
        returns a fake device notification handle!
fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x33ec14) using GetSystemInfo()
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:
\\windows\\profiles\\melanie\\Local Settings\\Temporary Internet Files".
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:
\\windows\\profiles\\melanie\\Local Settings\\History".
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:
\\windows\\profiles\\melanie\\Cookies".

	...I think that you have problems with permissions. Try to execute the
following:

mv ~/.wine ~/.wine.old

	This command will rename your ".wine" directory to ".wine.old". There
shouldn't be any terminal output at all. If this command give you errors then
you have problems with permissions. If renaming was successful then your
permissions are OK, so we need to test farther; if so execute this:

wineprefixcreate

	This command shouldn't give you errors. It will create clean ".wine"
directory for you. If it was OK with no errors, run your program as you did
before:

wine /media/cdrom0/msetup4.exe

	And report results.