[Wine] re: Help installing application

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Fri Jul 6 23:28:03 CDT 2007

	You shouldn't use USB device directly. You should use CUPS subsystem only to
print from WINE. As I said earler if device isn't supported by the Linux you
cannot use it under WINE (only exception is tty or usb-tty devices). Try to
run:

wine notepad

	And try to print something. If this works then everything is OK. If it
doesn't then ask for farther help and don't forget to post the terminal
output.
	If NotePad works and your program do not work then there is chances it cannot
work with Windows *printer* and want to work with Windows *device* directly
instead. If you really need this then you can try VMWare (not-free) or QEmu
(free) instead of WINE.