[Wine] zooming wine windows?

Ákos Maróy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Wed Jul 11 04:06:11 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have the following issue, and I wonder if Wine support such a feature.

I have a game (Fallout 1), that natively runs in full screen, at a
resolution of 640x480. The game itself does not support other resolutions.

I have the option to run the game fullscreen with wine - which works
fine. But this is not what I want to do.

I can run the game in a window (using the virtual desktop feature of
wine). This window will be 640x480 in size, no matter what I specify
with winecfg, as the game resizes the window when it starts.

What I'd like to do is to see the same content, but in a bigger window.
Say instead of 640x480, in a double-size window of 1280x960. For every
pixel have in fact 2x2 pixels. The game would still think it's doing
640x480, but I would see the same think in twice the size.

The reason I'm looking for such a solution, is that I'd like to run the
game in a window (beside my other applications), but 640x480 is just too
small on my 1920x1200 native resolution screen to be enjoyable.

I wonder if there's such a feature in wine, or if there will be..

Akos