[Wine] zooming wine windows?

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Wed Jul 11 10:06:36 CDT 2007

On Wednesday July 11 2007 13:50, Ákos Maróy wrote:
> I understand what you're saying, and I'm aware of these solutions. They
> unfortuantely don't really work for me as:
>
> - doing Ctrl-Alt-+ will hide most of the desktop

	You will be able to scroll with the mouse. If this isn't what you want then
change desktop resolution.

> - running on full-size in another monitor beats the prupose of running
> in multiple windows..

	Don't understand what you mean here. If you have more than one monitor then
this isn't a problem and you can easily switch between multiple windows
anyway even on one (linux) desktop. Of course if you have only one monitor
this is understandable problem.

	In short if these solutions isn't what you want there is only solution:
implement what you want (yourself or find a programmer). But this isn't
simple as you may think and even worse: such functionality will be unusable
in most cases. Why? Because even if implemented it will be SLOW (even if we
will use all hardware OpenGL functionality; if not then this is overkill in
all cases). This is why you need full hardware stretching like it or not for
full speed.
	Please don't get me wrong. I agree it would be great and flexible to have
virtual desktop with arbitrary stretching (this is as fast as 2x2 stretching
if we are using OpenGL for it) but it will be very slow even with OpenGL
because we need to render into texture and of course implementation isn't
very simple even if you agree to have slow speed for some applications where
you want this functionality.