[Wine] re: Help installing application

M Thompson mexbeachbum at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 10:20:42 CDT 2007

I'm not sure what the question/problem is (I think I've missed an email or
two) but I have two HP printers that work very well with Ubuntu and I've
read that Hp printers are well supported under Linux.  The HP website even
has linux material (
http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/linux/products/printing_imaging/index.html).
As for the rest, you are absolutely right about compatibility issues,
Googling and reading reviews before making purchases.  In my case , I bought
a new Canon printer before I even heard of Ubuntu Linux and that was
unfortunate.  It had issues even with Windows because of software, but it
did work with Linux just lost some functionality.  Pretty much everything
else I own is HP (no I don't work for them - they are just affordable good
products and they are starting to support opensource.)  I hope this helps.