[Wine] re: Help installing application

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Fri Jul 13 19:11:41 CDT 2007

On Friday July 13 2007 15:20, M Thompson wrote:
> I'm not sure what the question/problem is (I think I've missed an email or
> two)

	It isn't actually question directed specifically to you but just an answer to
Detlef Riekenberg message on the mailing list. But because you are in the
discussion my KMail automatically have added you to the CC list because I
always use "Reply to All..."; this works well because people who participate
in the discussion can see replies very fast without typical delay for the
list and they receive messages only once even if subscribed to the list
because all (good) mail programs automatically filter "double" messages from
different sources by default.

> but I have two HP printers that work very well with Ubuntu and I've
> read that Hp printers are well supported under Linux.

	Don't get me wrong. I never said that all HP products are bad. As I have said
I never seen their ink printers, only scanners and laser color printers
with "avarage cost". And I know that their scanners may work well if
supported under Linux. Just I have one that isn't supported and even its
support under Windows is somewhat "broken".