[Wine] error on running Advanced Diary v1.3

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Fri Jul 13 22:28:21 CDT 2007

On Saturday July 14 2007 03:05, tparker wrote:
> L. Rahyen wrote:
> > This should work:
> >
> > wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
> > chmod +x winetricks
> > ./winetricks mdac28
>
> Thank you, both you and the first reply.
>
> I tried this and the download part went fine but then it stopped with this:
>
> Setting Windows version to win98
> Executing wine regedit
> /home/tparker/.wine/drive_c/winetrickstmp/set-winver.reg
> Executing wine /home/tparker/winetrickscache/MDAC_TYP.EXE
> Note: command 'wine /home/tparker/winetrickscache/MDAC_TYP.EXE' returned
> status 5.  Aborting.
>
> and a pop up box saying that it required Internet Explorer.
>
> So does that mean I have to try and find a way to make IE work in WINE
> first?
>

> Thanks again,
>
> Tricia

	(Don't forget to answer to the list so others can see our discussion)

	Try the following (I assume you already have winetricks in your current
directory):

mv ~/.wine ~/.wine.old
rm -r ~/winetrickscache/
wineprefixcreate
./winetrickes fakeie6
./winetrickes mdac28
./winetrickes native_mdac

	If this will be able to make your application to work or at least proceed
farther then this is really mdac-related bug and you should write a bug
report about this to http://bugs.winehq.org/ .