[Wine] Installing Maximizer Ver 7

Austin English austinenglish at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 20 14:25:05 CDT 2007

Please don't edit the replies like that...mark them off in some way, it makes it really hard to read.

Try A) running $ wine Maxwin.exe &> ~/log1.txt
B) installing it with a fresh .wine and then run $ wine Maxwin.exe &> ~/log2.txt

And attach them both in a reply.

Ian Whitfield <whitfield at federalsaints.net> wrote: Ian Whitfield  wrote:
Can anyone offer help with installing Maximizer Ver 7 under Wine with
latest Kubuntu? If you can, or have done this, I would love to hear from
you. I can get it to install but not run.

Austin replied
Is there a demo available? What problems are you experiencing? Can you attach terminal output?

Ian's response
I've just moved over to Kubuntu 7.04 on a new computer and am deep into
a heavy learning curve!! (Background is Windows Support Manager etc for
20+ years!)

I have everything up and running except for a couple of items such as
one Windows Machine not being read by the Linux Box and not being able
to get my Treo 650 recognized. BUT the main requirement is to get my
Contact Manager onto Linux as I can not find a suitable equivalent!

I have managed to get it to install with Wine and all seemed fine. But
when I run it nothing happens - no error messages or anything!!??

Reply from Austin
Respond to the listserve in the future, so everyone can help/benefit from this.

Try cd'ing into the directory and launching the program. Most windows
program wont' run unless called from their directory (program bug, not wine).

So, for example, open up konsole, and type:

$ cd .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/YourApp/
$ wine yourapp.exe

And see if it works. If not, try looking on http://appdb.winehq.org for
your application for advice, and/or on http://bugs.winehq.org to file a
bug (be sure to check if someone else already filed a bug first).

Ian's reply...

Thanks (sorry about not using the ListServer!!)
Running as you suggested got the program up and working but with the following Terminal Output....

ian at LinuxBox:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Maximizer$ wine Maxwin.exe
fixme:ALSA_AddCaptureDevice Add support for DSCapture
err:xlldrv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window height -2
fixme:process:GetProcessWorkingSetSize (0xffffffff,0x6606d0c8,0x6606d0cc0: stub
fixme:odbc:SQLConfigureDataSource (nil) 6 "Pervasive ODBC Engin Interface"
"DSN=MAP_General"
fixme:odbc:SQLConfigureDataSource (nil) 3 "Pervasive ODBC Engin Interface"
"DSN=MAP_General"
fixme:odbc:SQLConfigureDataSource (nil) 4 "Pervasive ODBC Engin Interface"
"DSN=MAP_General"
fixme:odbc:SQLGetPrivateProfileString
fixme:odbc:SQLConfigureDataSource (nil) 1 "Pervasive ODBC Engin Interface"
"DSN=MAP_General"

....... After closing the application

ian at LinuxBox:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Maximizer$ err:systray:delete_icon
invalid tray icon ID specified: 130

Unfortunately it only ran that one time. It will not run again!!! All I get is a frozen program and Splash Screen (on ALL desktops)!!

Have looked on WineHQ and can only find one reference to Maaimizer with the comment that they do not support it!!??

--
* Ian Whitfield*/* */*
ZS6CDX*

**/