[Wine] Commandos 2 sound issue

JusTiCe8 justice8 at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 25 05:47:12 CDT 2007

Hi,

Is there some people here play commandos 2 ?
I encounter a very nasty sound issue with it (and mainly only with it,
so it's not directly a wine issue), which is a bit well know but I see
no real workaround yet.
With ALSA, sound sample(s) is/are repeated more than just one time as
they should do, this makes briefing usable at all.
With OSS, it's a bit better, but some sounds are missing/are not played
at all, also briefing are broken as with alsa.
In the game, these issues makes lot's of sound not played like gunshot
or talks.

I guess Pyro developpers play with some directsound tricks.
I use my own wine 0.9.41 build on Debian testing, with a soundblaster
512 card (emu10k1 kernel module) with commandos 2 french release.
Some other games have no such issue, so it's specific to this game (the
1st chapter has also little sound issues)

Any help or idea would be greatly appreciated, thanks.