[Wine] Can I use Wine to Run the Scan Function of a HP Officejet 4215?

Robert Wessling robertwessling at verizon.net
Sat Jul 28 14:16:25 CDT 2007

Hello,

    I have been trying to use the scan function of my HP Officejet 4215
by invoking sane.  And that is not working.  As an alternative, I hope I
could run Wine as Windows XP and read in the HP cd that came with my
printer to setup the printer and the scan function.  Right now the
printer works.  It prints, copies, scans (using HP Director) and faxes
and scan under Windows XP.  Under Linux it prints, copies and faxes but
won't scan.

    I have been pursuing sane but that doesn't work as of 4 weeks
effort.   I want to stop using windows XP.

    I can't  be sure but I think I saw that for wine to let me scan it
uses sane .  I hope not.

    Bob Wessling