[Wine] Running Prognos 5 in WINE

Briareos auronsrv at gmx.net
Sun Jul 29 06:20:45 CDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to run a program named "Prognos" (Version 5) for medical purposes
by a Company named "MedPrevent"
(http://www.medprevent.de/produkte-prognos_de.php).

As installation crashed, I installed on Windows and then copied the installed
files to Linux where I wanted to run the app via wine.

The startup dialogs show up but then there is an error message that
the "Borland Database Engine" (BDE) can't be found, which is needed to have
the program access it's database.

I know that the BDE is for Windows of course and basically just a small
collection of DLL's, if I am right. So I would like to know if there is any
chance in getting a connection. Could it be done by providing DLL overrides
maybe? Or do you have any other ideas for bypassing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Briareos