[Wine] Running Prognos 5 in WINE

Briareos auronsrv at gmx.net
Sun Jul 29 11:47:41 CDT 2007

Am Sonntag, 29. Juli 2007 16:58 schrieb Warren Dumortier:
> Without any logs iit is difficult to help you :p

Sure. With your help I managed to have a lot running now. Thanks! There is
still one error that prevents me from doing actual measurements with the
device/software, but all fields are filled now.

The new question that arised is as follows:

I can configure the program to use a specific COM-Port (where the
hardware-device is connected). The problem is, that I have a connection at
ttyUSB0. I remember that in windows sometimes a special driver is used to
give the USB-Port a COM-number (e.g. for software that first used Serial
connections via COM and later switched to USB-cables).

Anyway: Can I do something similar in Linux as well? I guess I could just
remove the tty0 and link it to ttyUSB0 but I am not sure if that would work -
and also I don't think thats a clean way to do it ...