[Wine] Newbie: Problem running FileMaker 8.5

Matthias Brennwald (bwm) matthias.brennwald at nagra.ch
Fri Jun 1 08:21:49 CDT 2007

Charity Abbott wrote:

> Check out http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=7691 for what
> works and what doesn't.

This indicates that FileMaker 8.5 __should__ work (with a few minor
limitations). But it doesen't work in my case. I therefore think that
there must be something wrong with my setup.

> You might want to try running the install from within wine if you
> still have the setup disk. Just load the CD and type wine
> /path_to_cd/setup.exe or whatever looks like the setup file on it.

I don't have the installer for FileMaker at hand (it was installed by
the IT support in our company). I'd like to figure out myself how to get
FileMaker running rather than bothering the (Windows-) IT people with
that... any hints or ideas?

Matthias