[Wine] Newbie: Problem running FileMaker 8.5

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Sun Jun 3 03:02:03 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 13:28 +0200, Matthias Brennwald wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I'm new to Linux, and even newer to Wine. So, please excuse...
>
> I've got a Dell D800 with both Linux and Windows installed. Linux is
> Debian Etch, Windows is XP. The reason for installing Wine was that I'd
> like to use FileMaker Pro 8.5 from within Linux. I've installed Wine to
> the Linux world by:
>
> sudo apt-get install wine
>
> This worked without problems.

You're using Debian's default packages.  Debian's packages are
incomplete, and you are missing a lot of parts of WIne that may be
important since you don't have ALL the subpackages installed.

Instead, you can use the debs here:

http://winehq.org/site/download-deb

These are both up to date (latest Wine) and not missing any critical
parts.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie