[Wine] is it possible to run delphi apps(forms) using wine

Gus Wirth gwirth79 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 14:45:04 CDT 2007

Muhammad Sharfuddin wrote:
> is it possible to run delphi apps/forms(that was build, compiled, and
> targeted to windows machines) on linux(fc6, suse 10.x) These delphi
> apps connects to MS SQL server. if it is possible, then I can easily
> ground all those windows xp machines, that are just use to run these
> delphi apps... and use linux instead

WINE will run apps built with Delphi just fine. However, a better
alternative for the long run is to port your applications to FreePascal
and Lazarus <http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org> That way you will have
native applications that can run on Windows, Linux, Mac and whatever
else they support.

Gus