[Wine] Printer Registry

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Tue Jun 12 17:35:09 CDT 2007

The application is a custom app built in the DB/C framework.  It is a
database application for storing scanned legal documents and associated
index data.  The application works correctly under standard Windows XP
and Windows 200, but when run under Wine, it will only print text
correctly.  When it tries to print an image from the database (Stored in
TIF format) all it prints a page that is mostly black with part of a
white bar on the right-hand side.  At the bottom of the page below the
image the application is supposed to print a black box with white
background with text for the volume, page, and document date.  In the
wine printout, this box is visible overlaid onto the solid black that is
printed, but there is no text in the box.

Since this is a custom application written exclusively for the company I
work for it is very hard for me to create a public version for testing.
I need to try to troubleshoot this myself if possible.

This is no longer a critical problem as I have found an workable
solution.  The application has the ability to construct PDF files from
the images.  I had the developer create a version of the program that
instead of printing just saves a PDF of what would be printed to a
specific location on a virtual disk.  I have a perl script that monitors
that location and sends any PDF that appears to LPR as soon as the
program is finished writing it.  It's not the ideal solution, but it works.

Thanks,
Brent Davidson