[Wine] Webcam under wine

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 06:55:50 CDT 2007

On 6/28/07, Colin Pitrat <colin.pitrat at bull.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently installed a webcam under Linux, and I'd like to use it with
> wine. I'd like to test x-lite with this webcam, but I have no idea how
> to make it see my webcam. I tried in winecfg, but it doesn't seem to
> contain anything related to the webcam.
>
> I searched on internet, but only found some doc about msn messenger.
> Apparently, it's kind of a hack, not a way to make the webcam visible to
> all wine applications.
>
> Is it possible ? How should I proceed ?

I do not think so. Although it has been discussed on a way to add
support for usb devices into wine I am not sure the necessary parts
are completed yet. For now your best bet is qemu or vmware. If you
don't have a copy of windows around possibly reactos will support your
driver although I would not bet on it.

John

John