[Wine] Re: wine: could not load L"D:\\Setup.exe": Bad EXE format for

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Mar 9 12:35:29 CST 2007

Declan Moriarty wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 10:11 -0300, Phil Pinkerton wrote:
>> yep it just stops
>>
>> Java is running fine I have another training CDs 1-8 for JDK1.4
>> training and they work just fine. I know we are at Java 1.6.0 but I
>> got the training CD free so I am using the excercises as examples for
>> Java 6. mWhen I install the JDK1.4 training sofware via wine it
>> installed Java and Quicktime no problems.
>
> Right, let's have some details on the java that's working fine: The
> (windows)java version, which windows setting, your video card, and
> special hacks. Java-1.4.2.exe crashes reliably here for me in linux, and
> in windows 98!

Well, for me at least...
j2re-1_4_2_12-windows-i586-p.exe
running in an ies4linux installed version of ie6. Works fine on the sun
demo page:
http://java.sun.com/applets/jdk/1.4/demo/applets/Clock/example1.html

Current git version of Wine (has worked for for the past half year
though) with some older cheapy NVidia card and standard Xorg drivers. I
don't think those make a difference; I have used the same setup on other
computers.