[Wine] Adding a dir to PATH without using regedit (for an NFS install)

Alexander.Farber at nokia.com Alexander.Farber at nokia.com
Tue Mar 13 08:07:37 CDT 2007

Hello Wine users,

I've installed Wine 0.9.32 into an NFS-mounted dir
on a RHEL 3 machine and it seems to work fine -
I've even modified the /nfs_path/wine/bin/wineprefixcreate,
so that an additional dir (c:/Perl) is created under ~/.wine
for each user (by mere linking to /nfs_path/Perl)

My problem is that currently each user of my Wine-installation
has to run "wine regedit" and add the ActivePerl directory
manually to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Environment/Path variable.

Is there please a way for adding "c:\Perl\bin" to the %Path%
without regedit, so that I could do it in wineprefixcreate?

Regards
Alex

PS: I've also searched the source code for the strings
    like "path" and "c:\windows\system32" but haven't
    found the right spot for the hack yet...