[Wine] Adding a dir to PATH without using regedit (for an NFS install)

Bill Medland billmedland at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 13 10:21:42 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-13-03 at 14:07 +0100, Alexander.Farber at nokia.com wrote:
> Hello Wine users,
>
> I've installed Wine 0.9.32 into an NFS-mounted dir
> on a RHEL 3 machine and it seems to work fine -
> I've even modified the /nfs_path/wine/bin/wineprefixcreate,
> so that an additional dir (c:/Perl) is created under ~/.wine
> for each user (by mere linking to /nfs_path/Perl)
>
> My problem is that currently each user of my Wine-installation
> has to run "wine regedit" and add the ActivePerl directory
> manually to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Environment/Path variable.
>
> Is there please a way for adding "c:\Perl\bin" to the %Path%
> without regedit, so that I could do it in wineprefixcreate?
>
> Regards
> Alex
>
> PS: I've also searched the source code for the strings
>     like "path" and "c:\windows\system32" but haven't
>     found the right spot for the hack yet...

What I do is use regedit /e to export the
HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Session Manager/Environment, grep
to extract the current path, and see if the addition is already in it
and sed to put it in, then use regedit <filename> to put the modified
path in. (in other words regedit can be run in batch mode)

Seeing as how you are talking about perl you'd probably prefer a tiny
pelr script to do that bit.
--
Bill Medland