[Wine] Re: wine: could not load L"D:\\Setup.exe": Bad EXE format for

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Mar 13 11:10:01 CDT 2007

Declan Moriarty wrote:
> Okay. In your honour, I set up as you said, rooted out the cd with
> Java-1.4.2 on it, and set to work. I got this on the install

You might want to try downloading (16MB) from:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html
Though as implied below, that may not fix things for you.

I created a fresh .wine directory, with nothing else installed, and
using a (compiled from git) wine-0.9.32. The JRE install appeared to go
flawlessly, though I did not bother to test it (as mentioned, I already
tested it elsewhere). On Fedora FC4, with a Radeon 9600 (which uses an
NVidia something chipset).

Interestingly, I notice that the message I have printed out after your
last fixme is this:
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"RemoveFolders"
err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 0x110000: in-use arena 0x15cbc0
next block has PREV_FREE flag

However, my installation continues to completion. I have no idea what
that message really means, so I don't know why my system continues and
yours crashes.