[Wine] Weatherscope mouse button issues

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Thu Mar 15 07:04:49 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 18:54 -0500, Ryan May wrote:

> So to be clear, when right-clicking and selecting properties and the
> dialog pops up, you can interact with it right away?  On my system, when
> I do this, I need to click once (anywhere) before I can work with the
> dialog.  Before I click, the cursor becomes a no sign (circle with
> diagonal line through it) any time it is over a UI element, which to me
> signals invalid drag-and-drop.  This is with usb optical mouse on Gentoo
> AMD64 with wine-0.9.32.  I checked your xorg.conf info, and the only
> difference here is that protocol is set to "Auto".  (I'll check if
> IMPS/2 makes a difference when I get a chance.)

I repeat that I have no data on disk or coming in. The check I am doing
is File/new_graph/Right click on Tdew or Tair. I am getting the
behaviour you describe above but didn't conceive it as the problem. It's
a minor irritation. No any sign of drag & drop behaviour or boxes drawn
by the cursor, like your first mail mentioned.

Auto is definitely not good enough: your choice is PS/2 or IMPS/2 for
most modern meece/mice/mouses (What's the plural anyhow? I'm defaulting
to the 'Tom & Jerry' alternative :)

> Duane Clark wrote:
> > I'm wondering if the two of you might have different mouse behavior
> > settings in your window manager. Do you have your mouse set so that
> > window becomes active as soon as the mouse moves into it (a normal
> > window, like a terminal window), or do you have to click the window
> > before it becomes active.
>
> I have to click for a window to become active.

Me too. Pretty bog standard fedora gnome setup here. But if we both have
to click on the window for it to become active, why is this a bug? It's
the way we wanted X to behave for us. BTW, Weatherscope looks
interesting - pity it's only U.S. data.
--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>