[Wine] Re: Problem installing SystemVision from MentorGraphics

Torsten Knodt tk-org-winehq-wine-users at datas-world.de
Thu Mar 15 21:43:44 CDT 2007

> Well, jre 1.3.1 has been end-of-lifed by Sun, meaning it can no longer
> be downloaded.
I know. I was really surprised that a new software is shipped with JRE 1.3.1.

> So it will be a bit difficult for anyone to even try it out.
I know. I had the hope that someone solved it in the past.

> You don't say why you have "no chance to replace the packaged
> java". Have you tried installing jre 1.4.2 and seeing if it would work?
> That version does install and run under Wine.
I say no chance because the JRE is part of the installer and parts of the
installer are already written in java. Installing another jre works, but this
doesn't get used. I've tried to replace the jre while installing, but that
seems not to be so easy as I hoped because of speed. Parts seem to use the
old one, parts the one i drop in. Beside this, I hope for an installation
which everyone can do, not only me.