[Wine] Re: wine: could not load L"D:\\Setup.exe": Bad EXE format for

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Sat Mar 17 11:03:27 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 11:25 -0700, Duane Clark wrote:
> Declan Moriarty wrote:
> >
> > It's news to me that any nvidia chipset is on a radeon card - I always
> > saw ATI & Nvidia  as bitter rivals. I had the notion the radeon 9600
> > used the mobility chipset, and seems to have been one better.
>
> You are probably right about that. As you can tell, I am not a gamer,
> since I don't know anything about my video card ;)
>
> The complete list of fixme/errs I get is rather short:
> fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
> L"RemoveFolders"
> err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 0x110000: in-use arena 0x15cbc0
> next block has PREV_FREE flag
> fixme:font:WineEngAddFontResourceEx Ignoring flags 10
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33ea7c,0x00000000), stub!
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),1,0x33ea7c,0x00000000), stub!
> fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x1c7d40) : stub,
> simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left
> fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel (0x525a38)->((nil),00001008)
> fixme:d3d_surface:IWineGDISurfaceImpl_Blt Can't handle DDBLT_WAIT flag
> right now.
> err:d3d:state_multisampleaa Multisample antialiasing not supported by gl
> fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel (0x525a38)->((nil),00000008)
> fixme:d3d:IWineD3DStateBlockImpl_Release Releasing primary stateblock
> err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 0x110000: in-use arena 0x15d920
> next block has PREV_FREE flag
> err:ole:CoCreateInstance apartment not initialised
> err:ole:CoCreateInstance apartment not initialised
> fixme:font:WineEngAddFontResourceEx Ignoring flags 10
> fixme:font:WineEngAddFontResourceEx Ignoring flags 10
> kotao:~ >
>
> Not really that much different, aside from your lines that are repeated
> a lot. And since d3d is changing very rapidly, those may have changed
> between the release you are using and the git I am using.
>
> > The emulation threw errors: Installation stalled at "Publishing Product
> > information", then finally Java Virtual Machine Launcher threw a typical
> > m$ dialog box
>
> For me, the installation sits for awhile at "Publishing Product
> information", while there is a lot of disk activity, then continues. I
> am not sure what you are referring to as the "Java Virtual Machine
> Launcher".

FWIW, I did try this with Fedora's Nvidia-legacy drivers. I lost some of
the errors, lost DRI, lost glxgears and glxinfo, lost 1024x768, and am
stuck in 1280x1024 where the fonts look like drunken amoeba's ramblings.
So much for jave here.So much for the word from the horses' mouth that
older drivers work better with older nvidia cards.
--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>