[Wine] Trouble with Native Overrides on Fedora Core 5.

pravuil admin at pravuil.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:06 CDT 2007

I've been having this problem ever since the latest update for wine
(version 0.9.17). I first discovered this within Ubuntu Dapper and when
I migrated to Fedora Core 5, the error was persistent.

Whenever I setup an application using the native version of shell32.dll
I receive these errors:

err:module:import_dll Library shell32.dll (which is needed by
L"c:\\windows\\system32\\comdlg32.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library COMDLG32.DLL (which is needed by L"E:\\3
- Packages\\Wine\\app.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library SHELL32.DLL (which is needed by L"E:\\3 -
Packages\\Wine\\app.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"E:\\3 -
Packages\\Wine\\app.exe" failed, status c0000135

I checked whether or not shell32.dll and comdlg32.dll existed within
the requested directory. They do. When I tried to create an override
using these libraries within the Default Settings, it would break wine
completely. I had to manually edit the user.reg file located in the
~/.wine directory so I could use wine with other applications again. Is
it a matter of capitalization that can resolve this? Or should I copy
the files from my windows installation into the wine directory? I can
avoid using this override at the moment but I know that it will be
necessary later on. I would greatly appreciate any help concerning this
issue.