[Wine] Flash MX doesn't load

kmadill at gmail.com kmadill at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:44 CDT 2007

Hey all,

I recently installed Ubuntu and then Wine so I can still run a few apps
I can't avoid (like Flash). I installed Flash by double clicking on the
install icon within X Windows after installing Wine.

Then, upon typing "wine Flash.exe" I was getting an error about a
missing .dll file. I added this to system32 and now the error does not
come up.

However... Flash doesn't load either.  The terminal just goes to the
next line without Flash loading, like this:

kmadill at kmadill-laptop:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Macromedia/Flash
MX 2004$ wine Flash.exe
kmadill at kmadill-laptop:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Macromedia/Flash
MX 2004$

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin.