[Wine] Re: Trying to get a cdwriter to write to loop device

Segin segin2005 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:58 CDT 2007

nate wrote:
> Thanks for the reply,
>
>  > > first I created a 1 Gig empty file:
>  > > dd if=/dev/zero of=usarm.iso bs=1k count=1000000
>  > > losetup /dev/loop0 usarm.iso
>  > > mkdosfs -c /dev/loop0 1000000
>  > > mount -t vfat /dev/loop0 mnt/
>  >
>  > Why?
>
> After I made this file, I turned it to an iso with vfat filesystem to
> see if cdburn would write to a mounted iso file.
>

>> Have you tried 'wine cdburn.exe foo.iso usarmy.daa', where foo is a file
>> that does not yet exist?
>>

> [nate at blackbox ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/PowerISO]$ sudo wine
> C:\\Program\ Files\\PowerISO\\cdburn.exe Z:\\home\\nate\\temp.iso
> Z:\\media\\usb1\\usarmy.daa
> Error 2 opening device \\.\Z:\home\nate\temp.iso
>
> What does \\.\ mean? Is it actually pointing to somewhere meaningful?
>
> -Nathan
\\.\ referrs to the Internal NT abstraction layer. In actuality, drive
letters in NT are mounted just like in UNIX/Linux onto \\.\

Also, could you please just use the native burner app cdrecord? I am
aware that it complains about Linux-2.5, but to-date I've had nary a
problem with it. It's also simple: cdrecord dev=/dev/cdrom file.iso

(note that using dev=/dev/node is depreciated, but nobody seems to care,
works fine for me)

If you need to burn a cue/bin, CD to the directory of the cue/bin (and
make sure that the filename(s) in the cuefile match CaSe with the actual
files), and cdrecord dev=/dev/cdrom -dao cuefile=foobar.cue

It's much better than your old Win32-CLI app.