[Wine] Re: Problems creating a winelib-based program

Segin segin2005 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:58 CDT 2007

Fleabag wrote:
> Thanks Segin.
>
> Darnit, that's a massive spanner in the works for me :-( so I'm going
> to have to dig deeper into the way wine works to see if I can find a
> workaround. But thanks for the heads up, those few words explain a lot
> for me.
>
> Fleabag

To be more clear, the entry point function I refer to is usually labeled
_start, and preforms all program initialization functions (that is,
after ld.so load and relocates all the requires shared objects), such as
  processing the program arguments into a form usable by main(), and
calling main(). Since each OS passes inital arguments and environment to
programs differently, it would require that: a. the source to the crt0.o
file be available, and b. that someone has the time to modify it to work
with Wine.

Most crt0 fiels are written in assembler, but a notable exception is
FreeBSD, whose _start function is written in C, nad has the following
prototype:

void _start(char *arg0, ...);

Which means that FreeBSD passes the arguments C-style.