[Wine] Re: Icewind Dale 2 Mouse Cursor

Segin segin2005 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:58 CDT 2007

EUIX wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   First I want to say I am really impressed with Wine. Its about as
> good as Cedega and sometimes better in my experience. Anyways my
> problem concerns Icewind Dale 2, after starting the game up my mouse
> cursor is not the gloved hand in game version but a mix of that and the
> KDE desktop cursor. It looks like a black square with both cursors
> overlapping. Naturally this makes it difficult to play since the cursor
> ends up blocking the view wherever I put it. Has anyone else had this
> problem and if so know how to fix it?
>
>   Thanks

This isn't uncommon. For example, in SimCity 3000, the standard Wine
cursor isn't modified by the program, and it gets confusing when you try
to lay down a zone, when the Highway tool is selected...

SimCity 2000 does the cursors right, but it breaks horribly if you let
your window manager manage it's windows. It is voted as "garbage" on
AppDB, but it totally playable without any quirks if you set it to
unmanaged.

Of course, that's just an example. Other apps have varying degrees of
brokeness.