[Wine] Re: backward step?

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at dougshost.invalid
Mon Mar 19 00:46:08 CDT 2007

Doug Laidlaw wrote:

> Daniel Skorka wrote:
>
>> Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at dougshost.invalid> wrote:
>>> Get the "full CVS" archive from winehq. This archive is the CVS tree but
>>> with the tags controlling the versioning system. It's a big file (> 40
>>> meg) with a name like full-cvs-<last update date>
>>>
>>> That sounds as though the full CVS archive has been rolled up into a
>>> tarball
>>> somewhere.  The only full CVS I can find is a standard checkout of the
>>> most recent version, which shouldn't have the history.
>>
>> This "full archive" is identical to a CVS checkout with the same date,
>> just in a convenient tarball.  The "history", i.e. all revisions of all
>> files are stored on the server. You just tell CVS which revision you
>> want, and it takes care of the rest.
>> I haven't been able to locate the tarball though.
>>
>> Daniel
> O.K. then I will do a standard checkout and follow the instructions
> otherwise.  I have used CVS only to check out an app that I wanted to try,
> but I printed out the manual.
>
> Doug.
By stepping up through successive patches, I have established that the
change occurs somewhere between Version 0.9.15 and 0.9.16.  There is
nothing significant in a terminal, only "fixme:bitblt:X11DRV_BitBlt
potential optimization - client-side DIB copy"  which was always there.

Doug.
--
Be wisely worldly, be not worldly wise.
   - Francis Quarles.