[Wine] Re: Hiccups on music even with the Implement_SetThreadPriority patch

sugoi.sama at gmail.com sugoi.sama at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:46:37 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> sugoi.sama at gmail.com wrote:
> > This wine build seems to work better than the one i had but i still get
> > annoying glitches on things like, switching tabs in firefox, lauching
> > xemacs, etc
> > On windows Foobar2000 performed flawlessly...
>
> Have you tried both OSS and ALSA, and plaing around with things like
> "Driver Emulation"? That said, sound has always been an issue under
> wine.
> Daniel

it doens't work :-(
However it works better when using "Emulation" and "Driver Emulation"
with ALSA.

I'm starting to think it would be easier for Amarok (or any other app)
to support KIOs than for Wine to *really* support sound.

I just don't get it why doesn't the wineserver support suid/guid... it
should work a lot smoother... right?