[Wine] OpenGL error in Wine 0.9.20

Joerg Hoehle hoehle at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 19 00:46:54 CDT 2007

Hi,

Several people have noticed this OpenGL error when upgrading from Wine
0.9.19 to 0.9.20:
X Error of failed request:  GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest
  Major opcode of failed request:  143 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  17 (X_GLXVendorPrivateWithReply)
  Serial number of failed request:  384
The program then exits.

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg30150.html

This is just a short notice that it also happened to me using Supreme
Snowboarding (full German version).  If requested, I can produce log
files.

I'm using Debian Ubuntu Dapper on a laptop with Xorg 7.0,
libgl-mesa-6.4.1 on an Intel i810 chip.  Configuring Supreme in
"Software2" 3D emulation mode instead of "OpenGL", the program's
window comes up.  So it is related to OpenGL and the transition from
0.9.19 to 0.9.20.

(In case you're wondering, I still can't play Supreme Snowboarding in
Wine, the program freezes when entering race or training mode, but
that's another topic).

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle