[Wine] Re: Diablo II

Vernon Balbert vbalbert at gmail.nospam.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:18 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka went clickity clack on the keyboard and produced this
interesting bit of text:
> Vernon Balbert <vbalbert at gmail.nospam.com> wrote:
>> I've built an Ubuntu machine and have successfully installed Wine and
>> installed Diablo II and its expansion set successfully.  I'm able to run
>> Diablo except for one problem:  I can't hold down the Alt key and click
>> an object with the mouse at the same time.  This is kind of vital in the
>> game otherwise it's difficult to pick up individual items in the middle
>> of a bunch of junk.  Any ideas what may help?
>
> You can't meaning "you do, but the game acts like you didn't do
> anything"? In that case I would suggest your window manager / desktop
> environment (propably Gnome) intercepts this combination for its own
> purposes.

You're right, I'm using Gnome.  When I'm not in the game and I press
Alt-left-mouse-button it lets me move the window I'm focused on.  The
Mouse preferences does not seem to have a way to change the mouse button
assignments.  I tried to locate information on where to change these
settings, but unfortunately I'm too much of a novice to find it.  Can
you give me any clues as to where I can find how to configure the mouse
buttons?  I'm guessing it's in the xorg.conf file, but I'm clueless what
to do there.

--
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I
learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember