[Wine] Re: unmapped c drive

blazed.phantom at gmail.com blazed.phantom at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:19 CDT 2007

Darren Wilkinson wrote:
> blazed.phantom at gmail.com wrote:
> >> ~/.wine/dosdevices/c: points to whereever you want C: to be.
> >>
> >> Daniel
> >
> > I dont have that C: link in my dosdevices folder, I did but now its not
> > there. And when i try to point it some where it wont work still.
> >
> > Basicly i broke wine and reinstalling doesnt work. Setting C: in
> > winecfg to ../drive_c  does nothing when i click ok config closes and
> > nothing changes.
> >
> Click automatic configuration in winecfg.

when i click AutoDetect a window pops up. "No virtual C mapped. Try
running wineprefixcreate."

When i do wineprefixcreate i get this error:

mkdir: cannot create directory
`/home/ninjad/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows': No such file or directory.

Debugging just confused me when i tried that but it didnt help. Help
would be good thanks.