[Wine] How to fix Wine menu fonts that are too small

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:20 CDT 2007

I just installed WINE and got it working to some extent, but the menu
and dialog box fonts are too small. See an example at this URL:
http://www.fixaim.com/temp/winecfg.jpg

After searching winehq.org and Google groups and various other places,
the only remedies that have been suggested have not worked.

One suggestion was to copy the fonts found in such places as
/usr/share/fonts/ttf and /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts into
/usr/joe/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts

I did that, but that did not solve the problem.

Another suggestion was to run "wine regedit" in console and select:
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
Then change the value to adjust the size of the fonts.
In the 'regedit' configuration window, I also saw these attributes:

"FIXED.FON"="vgafix.fon"
"FONTS.FON"="vgasys.fon"
"LogPixels"=dword:00000060
"OEMFONT.FON"="vga850.fon"

But I cannot find those fonts on my system and I don't know how (or if)
to change any of those ... or to what to change them. I also found
those same configuration elements near the end of this file:
/home/joe/.wine/system.reg ... but I don't know if it is okay to edit
that file in a text editor ... and I don't know what changes to make.
Those configuration elements were right below the following line:

[System\\CurrentControlSet\\Hardware
Profiles\\Current\\Software\\Fonts] 1149426108

So, can anyone tell me where these menu and dialog font specs are
configured or defined and how to change them and to what to change
them?

joe (at) actionline.com
Mesa, Arizona USA