[Wine] Re: Tell me the truth about WINE

Philipp Klaus Krause pkk at spth.de
Mon Mar 19 00:47:27 CDT 2007

I don't think wine will do what you want. Though very often applications
not mentioned in the database will run without problems (I once tried
Tropico 2) many will not. Regressions are common. With each new release
some games suddenly work, others that worked with the last one will crash.

There's an EPROM-burning program I use. It worked with some old wine
version (0.9.11 or 0.9.12). Then with the next version it crashed on
startup. This is fixed in 0.9.21: It starts OK, but now it just doesn't
burn: The progress bar just stays at 0%. Problems like this are typical
for wine and can be found with all applications including games.

Philipp