[Wine] Re: fixme:ntdll:RtlNtStatusToDosErrorNoTeb no mapping for c0000119

roboknight roboknight at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:33 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> roboknight <roboknight at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> To fix it, you need to find the correct mapping for 0xc0000119, which
> >> should be fairly trivial, then send a patch. If you don't feel like it,
> >> maybe I'll take a look. If you just don't want to see this message
> >> again, 'man wine' and read about WINEDEBUG.
> >>
> >> Daniel
> >
> > Point me to the mapping and I'll patch it.  I get that fixme with GSAK
> > as well.  I looked for a mapping through msdn, but couldn't find it
> > initially.
>
> In the wine source, include/ntstatus.h and include/winerror.h for the
> defintions as well as dlls/ntdll/error.c for the code.
> On MSDN, look for NtStatusToDosError and take it from there.
>
> Daniel

I found the code.  The trouble is that it might be one of those erros
that doesn't have a mapping.  In that case it is SUPPOSED to return
that ERR_MR_whateveritis which indicates that there isn't a mapping.
However, the error code says that whenever it sees one of those to
print a FIXME message indicating, of course, that someone thinks there
should be a mapping.  There probably should be some OTHER ID value that
indicates no one has looked at making a wine mapping and THEN print the
fixme message.  As it stands, there could be fixme messages for
legitimate no-mapping cases (of which this might be one... msdn
indicates there might be such cases... maybe erroneously, I haven't
reversed the code or anything...) At any rate, I couldn't find a valid
mapping... the message is STATUS_INVALID_LDT_OFFSET which appears to
have appeared as a fixme for a number of other applications (I ran
across at least Autocad 2004 which also issues this message along with
some others in a google list)

I might implement their test code for reporting "messages" and see if I
can actually figure out which messages are valid and which ones
aren't... At least that way I'm not depending on msdn's (possibly
faulty) documentation (there is an error in the code they list for
testing this very function)

Thanks for the help, Daniel.