[Wine] Re: Any work done on the Com Ports?

roboknight roboknight at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:33 CDT 2007

> Also has there been any recent work on the COM ports?  I have an
> application that works fine with vmware but under Wine.  The COM port
> isn't even seen.

This is probably similar to GSAK.  You need to add the com ports into
the registry in order to get them seen by your app...

[Hardware\\Devicemap\\Serialcomm] 1015709345
"Serial0"="COM1"
"Serial1"="COM2"
"Serial2"="COM3"
"Serial3"="COM4"

You don't have to add all of those, but at least your app should see
the com ports after that.  I'm unsure why, but this doesn't appear in
the docs anywhere.  I only found it on a blog.  You still need to make
the symlinks to make it actually work, but some apps use this key
(whether they should or not, I don't know) to figure out what serial
ports are available.