[Wine] Re: How to get Cups to work with wine?

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:47:37 CDT 2007

joe at actionline.com wrote:
> Daniel Skorka wrote:
>> If you installed wine via the package manager, heck if there is package
>> like libwine-cups available and install that as well.
>
> First, let me say how much I appreciate your responses (and everyone's)
>
> in this Google Groups forum.  I have noticed that you respond to many,
> many questions; so I hope you know how much you are appreciated!
>
> Now regarding my current issue, I'm not clear on what packages I need
> to look for to install.  I cannot find anything that has both "libwine"
> and
> "cups" in the same file name or file description.  Doing a 'locate'
> search
> for files with the word "cups" in the name, I got a list of 2,147
> files, none
> of which have any reference to "libwine" or "wine" in them.  Doing the

Don't search the files on your computer. Search the list of packages
available in the program you use to install stuff.

> Searching the 'net for libwine related files for Mandriva 2006, I found
> the following:
>
> libwine1-20050725-6mdk  Libraries for wine}     linux/i586      linux/i586
> libwine1-20050725-6mdk  Libraries for wine}     linux/i586
> libwine1-capi-20050725-6mdk     Capi support for wine
>        linux/i586      linux/i586
> libwine1-capi-20050725-6mdk     Capi support for wine   linux/i586
> libwine1-devel-20050725-6mdk    Static libraries and headers for wine
>        linux/i586      linux/i586
> libwine1-devel-20050725-6mdk    Static libraries and headers for wine
>        linux/i586
> libwine1-twain-20050725-6mdk    Twain support for wine
>        linux/i586      linux/i586
> libwine1-twain-20050725-6mdk    Twain support for wine  linux/i586
>
> None of which seem to have anything to do with "cups."

True. Also, these versions are way to old to still be used.

> So, I'm at an impasse.
>
> Any suggestions for what I should search for next?

Don't take this the wrong way, but the documentation for your
distribution should be the next thing you read.

cheers,
Daniel