[Wine] Re: Any work done on the Com Ports?

roboknight roboknight at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:41 CDT 2007

roboknight wrote:
> What does this program do?  winradio.sys seems to be a driver for a
> sound card of some kind and I'm not sure that it will work with wine
> (most drivers won't... There maybe some that will, but nothing that
> I've read will work)... It could be that your software tries to do
> something with this driver and erroneously reports that it can't see
> the com port when accessing the driver fails.  You can test the com
> port, as Daniel suggested, with a term program (hyperterm might work
> here, teraterm would probably be better as its simpler to use, at least
> I think so) just to prove that your serial ports do indeed work.

That stuff about .dlls probably doesn't apply.  For some reason it
slipped my mind as I was replying that your message indicated
"winradio.sys"... to which the above DOES still apply.  It probably
won't work as drivers usually don't work with wine.  That may changed
in the future, but currently, most drivers just fail (and for good
reason... they want to be "below windows" and wine implements most of
the part of windows to support regular apps.  As I said, this may
change... but currently, I wouldn't expect your app to function).