[Wine] Dual-core support?

agustin at nucleosys.com agustin at nucleosys.com
Mon Mar 19 00:48:45 CDT 2007

Hi all! I can't seem to find any information about this issue.
Basically, wine doesn't seem to be making use of my second
processor/core (I'm running an AMD X2 Dual-Core), and this is critical
to me since I am trying to run a rendering program that would greatly
benefit from this. The operative system did successfully detect the
processor architecture and is making use of it (it is an Ubuntu Dapper
and the kernel is definitely SMP).

So the question is, does wine support dual cores? If so, is there any
way of enabling support for the second processor? I am certain that the
core isn't being used by wine as I can only see one rendering thread.

Many thanks!

Agustin Cordes