[Wine] Re: Tell me the truth about WINE

Stump842 at gmail.com Stump842 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:48:48 CDT 2007

Darren Wilkinson wrote:
> jhansonxi at gmail.com wrote:
> > Ham Pastrami wrote:
> >> I'm an avid gamer, I play all kinds of games and a wide variety of specific
> >> titles, be they on the A-list or B-list. How realistic would it be for a
> >> person like me to rely solely on WINE for PC gaming?

--[clip]--

Don't bet the farm on it! You would do much better to:

a) Ditch Windows, install your fav Linux distro (mine is PCLinuxOS) and
buy a good game console (or two) for your gaming fix, or

b) If you must have PC games, reformat your hd and install your fav
Linux distro, download VMware Player, create and download a vm of Win2k
buy going to easyvmx.com (free!) and install your w2k and your games in
it. You will also of course want the VMware Tools, check out this site
for more info:

http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/Installing_VMware_Tools_with_VMware_Player.html

Here is info on installing VMware Player (for PCLinuxOS):

http://www.bitbenderforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=413122